If you have been putting off dental visits due to fear or dental anxiety – this is the office for you! Dr. Burger is known for her gentle demeanor.
We offer multiple options to comfort you during your visit including:
Inhalation sedation (Nitrous oxide or laughing gas)
- Inhalation of nitrous oxide offers most patients a feeling of well-being or euphoria where they can relax.
- Nitrous oxide works very rapidly. It reaches the brain in 20 seconds and relaxation and pain-killing properties develop after 2-3 minutes of inhalation. Also, there is no “hangover” effect. The gas is eliminated from the body within 3-5 minutes of cessation and oxygen flushing. With nitrous oxide, we are able to give you the incremental dose that will suit your needs.
- Nitrous oxide offers a relaxed state, yet you are still able to return to normal activity immediately following your appointment
Oral Conscious Sedation
- Dr. Burger is trained and certified by DOCS (Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation). She offers oral sedation to the overly fearful or anxious patient and the patient that may need extensive dental work.
- Oral conscious sedation requires the usage of multiple sedative prescription medications in proper combination and dosage to obtain sedation for your appointment. No needles are involved!
- Sedation dentistry allows our patients to take care of much-needed dentistry all at once!